Our client is a leading importer and distributor of quality and premium beverages. They are currently looking for Category Development Manager.
- Having a deep understanding of the marketplace, customers and shoppers to help identify and unlock opportunities based on this insight to grow the size and the value of the Company's product category in designated channels.
- Supporting the identification and development of activities and executions to grow the entire category for the company’s brands and for customers.
- Being an expert in Customer Understanding, and translates company goals and key initiatives into inspiring propositions for our customers across channels.
- Having a working relationship with MRO key account teams and customer teams themselves and will lead category and range reviews and programs that establish the company as the category captain with all our key MRO customers.
- Understanding of the TBA landscape from analysis of multiple data sources to assist with the understanding of past performance and predictions of future performance including long-range forecasts.
- Identifying opportunities to unlock category value growth, support development of key initiatives and write and deliver compelling customer propositions.
- Supporting the Executive Team (ET) to understand business performance including monthly reporting, ad hoc requests and quarterly reviews with Nielsen.
- Developing winning customer propositions for key strategic initiatives including major innovation launches, across multiple channels based on strong insight into those customers and their shoppers.
- Leading the winning range reviews with key MRO customers that bring insight to these customers into their category performance that they don’t already have, securing additional support for our portfolio and initiatives to establish and maintain our position as Spirits Category Captain.
- Passion for celebration.
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in FMCG and Modern retail outlet (modern trade).
- Strong experience in category management and or customer marketing.
- Experience with advanced analytics, consumer research, statistics, modelling.
- Proven ability to use data and analytics to develop insights, turning insight into actions.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to persuade and negotiate with others.
- Innovative thinking: able to lead the team in new ways of thinking and Execution.