Our client is an Australian furniture retail chain, design and manufacturer.
- Controlling quality assurance in the Production and Incoming areas and carrying out evaluations of performance in Production areas to ensure a controlled production, and, coordinating corrective actions and improvement activities together with the assigned production areas.
- Conducting evaluations of machines, tools, personnel, measurement systems, raw materials, product quality management systems and all related documentation.
- Being responsible for the production (product and process quality) and the associated quality management (QM) systems.
- Supporting the Production departments in terms of quality functions and interfacing regarding concerned products ranges.
- Supporting the internal & external complaint management system.
- Supporting the initial sampling process (FMEA, capability studies - processes & gauges).
- Controlling nonconformity product management and improvement.
- Supporting daily “fast response” on the shop floor.
- Preparing and implementing highly accurate quality reports for the shop floor (quality issues, scrap, rework, etc.).
- Supporting quality-related training on the shop floor and conducting approvals for Final Inspectors and In-Process Inspectors.
- Implementing and maintaining quality documents related to in-process activities.
- Supervising subordinates who conduct all related inspections of incoming parts and production parts.
- Performing process, product, workplace and production areas audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial or any a similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience in overall quality management.
- Knowledge of quality tools including APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, Capability Studies (processes & gauges), Control Plan and 8D, etc.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience in the furniture industry would be highly desirable.
- Excellent English language skills are required in both written and verbal elements.
- Experience from a new plant setup is preferable.
- Interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, self-initiative and capable of making decisions.