Our client is a Chinese multinational technology company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It designs, develops, and sells telecommunications equipment and consumer electronics.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling the site preparation and coordination, preparation of submission documents.
- Coordinating, liaising, and managing various project stakeholders including customers, consultants, sub-contractors, vendors, etc., on-site to ensure project requirements are met.
- Being able to communicate effectively to all stakeholders.
- Preparing and creating a detailed work schedule, manpower, and resource planning.
- Understanding Engineering drawings and perform basic engineering calculations, design, etc.
- Coordinating the safety management system on site.
- Following up and reporting on the project progress.
- Being able to understand Thailand's standards or Code of Practice.
- Performing all other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by reporting manager.
- Qualified to Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years direct industry experience or a minimum of 12 years' experience at Mechanical Technician level in a critical environment combined with supervisory experience. Preference is given to data center experience.
- An excellent understanding and experience of the mechanical and control systems used in a data center environment, including Critical Air Conditioning System, Fuel Systems, Building Management Systems and Controls, Chilled water cooling plant, Air handling units, Variable Frequency Drives (VSDs), Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems (include, pre-action sprinklers).
- Experience with complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), building management systems, and their integration with the data center infrastructure.
- Extensive experience of large-scale chilled water plant including chillers, chilled water distribution and storage systems, cooling towers, and chemical dosing systems.
- Experience in working within a Project Environment and dealing with design and construction engineering professionals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data center systems.
- Strong and committed team player with excellent communication and coaching skills. Previous experience of supervising highly qualified Technicians and reporting to peers and senior managers.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Good command of English.