Our client is a medical insurance provider.
- Underwriting new business applications.
- Handling new member enrolments, post-claim underwriting and medical risk management.
- Coordinating with front (pre-sale process) and back-office teams (policy and claims).
- Looking for process improvements and work with the Underwriting activity leader to implement them.
- Communicating and regularly updating customers, producers, and insurers.
- Developing and nurturing a working relationship with local insurance partners.
- Working closely with the claims team to improve medical risk management.
- Building, developing, and growing the business relationships to increase the retention rate at renewal.
- Promoting branding through exemplary customer service delivery.
- Bachelor Degree in any related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in medical/life insurance underwriting or claims processing.
- Good command of the English language, another language would also be an asset for the role.
- Ability to analyze and interpret medical information.
- Ability to analyze and interpret product features, research data as well as synthesize information.
- Capable of resolving situations with multiple stakeholders under limited supervision within a short timeframe.
- Ability to adapt and work well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions and proficient in problem-solving situations.
- Write clearly and informatively in varying writing styles to meet the needs of different situations.