Our client is a leading manufacturer of chemical materials.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Overseeing the daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures.
- Developing the processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity. Planning, organizing, directing, and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Ensuring compliance with local law for Permits.
- Ensuring compliance with company standards for EHS, cost control, waste reduction, quality, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Providing leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Identifying, communicating, and driving the implementation of capital investments and improvement projects and operational best practices.
- Managing deployment of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance measures.
- Ensuring standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field. An MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in manufacturing with at least 5 years at management level.
- Background from the chemical manufacturing industry or a multi-national company is preferred.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- A track record of team development and engagement.
- A technical background in the chemical, consumer process-related sectors is highly desirable.
- Good command of the English language with computer proficiency.
Our client offers an attractive benefits package with a challenging job, a good career path, and a five-day working week.
REFERENCE CODE: PM1010204