PRTR is working with a fast-growing tech startup company. They are now looking for a talented candidate to fill a Head of QA role.
- Being responsible for defining QA strategy, approach, and execution in development projects.
- Being responsible for leading and directing the QA leadership team.
- Providing leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Being accountable for the test automation projects, as well as being a mentor and providing leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Participating in interviews, inductions, training, and performance evaluations of all QA leads.
- Providing technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focusing on continuous QA improvements, including the usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, and test automation.
- Building and maintaining of quality standards, as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all QA activities, test results, leak defects, root cause analysis, and identifying areas of improvement. Implementing the steps required to improve the processes.
- Gathering and presenting testing metrics and testing activities for the projects for key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functions, performance, and automation, etc.
- Managing the training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meet ups, and certifications, etc.
- Being an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance, and operating as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Directing the development of QA strategy, methodology, discipline, and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Providing technical expertise in test automation, testing methodologies, testing processes, tools and techniques across the teams.
- Working with QA Leads, the Head of Software Engineering and the Head of Mobile Developers to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- 10+ years of software development / QA experience and 6+ years working with automated testing tools and procedures.
- QA management experience across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- A strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- An advocate of quality assurance, continuous improvement and industry recognized best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of risk management, risk identification and risk based testing.
- Experience managing testing departments or testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent, and bring the best out of each individual.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator, influencing and negotiation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organization.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles, and maintain the quality of delivery.
- Previous experience in a startup environment, or a co-founder of a technology company will be considered a bonus.
- Experience in the E-commerce industry or platform business will be highly advantageous.