Our client is a global leader in building materials and systems based on gypsum and gypsum-related products, thermal insulating and sound insulation materials, limestone and lime products, chalk and cement related products, and plant engineering. Currently, they are looking for a Continuous Improvement Supervisor to join their team.
- Working with the production team to develop a strong improvement culture that reduces non-value-added waste, improves customer service and cycle times, and enhances product/service quality.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives with the training and application of Lean Management, FMEA, 5S, etc.
- Creating collaborative and self-directed teams focused on improving processes.
- Problem-solving with a focus on plant improvements, efficiency, quality, and above all, safety.
- Acting as a change agent in the manufacturing process through the active support, participation and leadership of Continuous Improvement events; including:
- Owning and organizing pre and post standard work.
- Participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects and events.
- Participating in system audits and coaching employees on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, root cause analysis, and problem-solving.
- Providing necessary training specific to Continuous Improvement tools and methodology.
- Recommending, facilitating and maintaining visual performance tools assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
- Male or Female 30 years old up.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering of Production, Industrial, Mechanical or related.
- Working experience 5 years up in the production process (Manufacturing plant required).
- Lean experience in a warehouse and manufacturing environment.
- Must be Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt.
- Experience executing key continuous improvement activities; value stream, kaizen, time studies, and root cause problem-solving.
- Good communication skills and ability to work, teach, coach, motivate and shape team members in all positions, including using data to align and educate.
- Good attitude and a team player.