- Leading and managing a team of 3 executives.
- Managing all costing and inventory activities of the company. This includes but is not limited to budgeting, STD costs and day-to-day operations related to manufacturing activities, and also preparing reports to provide insightful information to drive manufacturing efficiencies.
- Performing monthly closing processes with analyses of needed accruals, expense allocation, inventory usage, and much more.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly financial results (manufacturing cost related) and providing reasonable explanations for cost fluctuations, including, analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports, and comparing standard costs to actual production costs, including variance analysis reports.
- Managing activities related to inventory adjustment recording, and supporting the physical inventory process.
- Ensuring financial reporting supports management reviews of operations.
- Being responsible for cost impacts from changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost for NPD.
- Managing account reconciliation in part of cost accounting and inventory.
- Assisting budgeting, planning and various other related activities.
- Providing supporting cost information required for excise tax activities (where necessary).
- Providing coaching and on-the-job training to executives.
- Working on special projects, ad-hoc projects and other tasks as necessary.
- Ensuring a smooth and complete month-end closing.
- Ensuring STD costs are properly maintained in SAP.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely provision of financial reports to support management reviews.
- Assisting/providing business solutions for the Operation team.
- Solving day-to-day issues related to costing activities.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or a related field.
- 7+ years of cost accounting experience, and should have at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; a sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience with SAP is a must.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on the development and analysis of cost standards.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Open minded and adaptive.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented, fast-learning, and committed to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate – strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.