- Developing an organized and systematic market and customer research process and taking the lead in collecting data regarding new and emerging needs, trends, practices and issues related to our crops from multiple sources of information (such as farmers, vegetable traders, seed producers, seed distributors, seed shop owners and sellers, market vendors, industrial channels, vegetable brokers and consumers).
- Consolidating, analyzing and summarizing collected data. Discussing country-relevant market insights, requirements and recommendations with Sales for alignment purposes. Preparing the country crop project master plan. Ensuring that the country need/s are considered and supported in the Group-level crop master planning, crop strategy development and product development processes.
- Actively participating in the product portfolio mix planning and financial forecasting as part of the annual budget planning exercise. Preparing sales plans to achieve maximum sales volume consistent with realistic sales projections. Ensuring that the financial forecasts are discussed and aligned with Sales and Finance to support the achievement of the country’s revenue growth and profitability targets.
- Working collaboratively with CBMs/Breeders, Crop Managers, PDS Manager, S&M Manager, Sales Manager in developing new product concepts/profiles that meet the specific market requirements of the country while finding opportunities to leverage new concepts coming from other countries. Signing off on new product development plans that impacts the country.
- Leading in implementing and monitoring the country crop project master plan.
- Monitoring the product development process and keeping track of the agreed timelines. Gathering and assembling key information from each stage and discussing the results with the GM, S&M Manager, Sales, Crop Managers, CBM/Breeders, RYT Manager, PDS Manager as part of the ‘gate review’ process before advancing the product development to the next stage. Ensuring that all identified issues in each stage are promptly resolved. Keeping the team abreast of significant market updates so that adjustments in the plan are made accordingly.
- Working closely with QA/RA and advising QA/RA on new product registration and DoA related issues if needed
- Being responsible for new product launch planning and market introduction activities, and summarizing the results for sharing with Crop Managers, CBM/Breeders, GM, S&M Manager, Sales Manager and BDT prior actual formal product launch in the country.
- Creating a comprehensive and well-thought out marketing strategy for product lines by defining the value and target positioning of each product. Developing marketing communication materials/tools that highlight the differentiating features, advantages and benefits (FAB) of our products versus competition.
- Developing sales and product promotion plans and working with in-house partners from Group Communication/Studio or external vendors in executing activities and/or producing the promotion materials.
- Being accountable for maintaining the financial health and competitive position of the product lines. Working closely with Finance and Sales in monitoring KPIs and reviewing performance of product lines (ie total sales revenue, new product sales contribution, profitability, market share, market positioning, customer value perception) so that course-corrective actions are taken proactively.
- Conducting price analysis with Finance and Sales to maximize the profitability of product lines. Monitoring competitors’ pricing to guide the pricing strategy.
- Working together with the Sales team in developing new accounts and reaching profitable sales goals of assigned products throughout the country.
- Building and developing the team’s capability by assessing and identifying competency gaps and recommending appropriate development interventions.
Reporting Structure and Key Stakeholders
- Reporting directly to the S&M Manager.
- Working closely with Crop Managers, CBM/Breeders, RYT, PDS, Sales, Sales Planner,SOM, Finance Managers.
- Being directly responsible for supervising team members (in case there are).
Key Success Factors
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Marketing, Business Administration or a similar field. Master’s degree is a plus
- Aged between 35-45 years old.
- Extensive experience in the seed, agricultural and fertilizer business (at least 7-8 years).
- Extensive experience in supervisory or management level role - at least 5 years.
- Sharply analytical and data management savvy yet remains intuitive.
- An effective communicator, able to package and deliver messages in a clear and convincing manner and able to influence the right action from audiences.
- Strong execution capabilities
- A natural orchestrator, able to keep the team moving along the same direction and same pace.
- A high degree of creativity and innovativeness.
- Leadership competencies, a business insight and a strategic mindset.