- Controlling the issuing of purchase orders until delivery and ensuring the availability of parts to support production.
- Buying goods & services from various external sources.
- Sourcing all items for purchasing and conducting cost comparisons.
- Selecting suppliers and negotiating terms and contracts.
- Conducting supplier evaluations and setting up activities to increase supplier performance.
- Cooperating with suppliers in relation to problem solving and negotiations.
- Preparing summaries and conclusions of purchasing data and submitting for approval.
- Implementing cost reduction ideas and related targets.
- Preparing monthly reports concerning purchasing functions (including KPIs).
- Performing any other jobs as assigned by the Manager.
- Male/female, aged between 30 – 40 years old.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in any related field.
- Good command of English or Japanese is welcome.
- Experience of purchasing functions in a manufacturing company of at least 3 years.
- Knowledge of purchasing materials & sub materials to supply production.
- Knowledge of tools - made to drawing.
- Experience overseas purchasing functions, incoterm knowledge is preferred
- Negotiation skills, targeting cost reductions.
- Experience in sourcing and finding new suppliers.
- Can work under pressure.
- Experience from the automotive industry is preferable.