Our client is a global brand & leader of tea & coffee products.
The company is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Area Sales Manager to join the team and handle clients in the Hotel & Hospitality channel. This role is based in Phuket and responsible for the Southern area of Thailand, focusing on Phuket, Khaolak, Krabi and Samui. The role is open for both Expat & Thai candidates with excellent English communication.
- Being responsible for Hotel and Hospitality channels as well as maintaining, developing and building company business for premium coffee machines and beverage ingredients as well as consignment sales activities.
- Ensuring continued profitable growth through existing business relationships and new business opportunities, organic and incremental, with local and international 4 and 5-star hotels.
- Focusing is Hunting for new sales opportunities in this growing Hospitality market.
- Business growth responsibilities – New Business Development (Hunting Sales) 70%
- Account Responsibilities – Key Account Management 30%; Maintaining existing account relationships to leverage organic growth in the current customer base.
- Targeting new business opportunities in selected channels; HOTELS
- Completing and supporting tenders for new business opportunities.
- Supporting local state team with new business acquisition.
- Measuring business performance ensuring return on investment achieved.
- Ensuring targeted hot/cold beverage promotions are achieved
- Develop joint business plans with customers to achieve growth objectives.
- Managing promo funds and activities as well as ongoing review of existing customer base to maximize return on investment
- Ensuring promo funds and rebates are effectively utilized and in credit balance
- Developing and implementing strategies to grow business in selected channels.
- Developing business initiatives to grow in the direct channel to market.
- Rolling out strategic business channel initiatives.
- Taking part in the preparation of annual and long-term plans
- Marketing support on rolling out brand activities for coffee and tea to ensure adherence to brand criteria. As well as supporting brand criteria in each account.
- Supporting local state teams to implement sales and marketing initiatives.
- Developing and owning annual account growth targets.
- Following up monthly on state performance to set objectives.
- At least 8 years experience in Sales / Business Development roles for B2B channels.
- Must be possessed of solid skills & keen on Hunting Sales.
- Experience handling clients in HOTEL and Hospitality channels.
- Possess consulting sales skills and consignment sales with knowledge of how to deal with management level persons in 4-5 stars hotels; GM, F&B Director, Operation Directors, etc.
- Must own a vehicle and must be able to be based in Phuket with familiarity with geography & locations in Southern Thailand; Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Samui.
- Proactive, Sales Driven, Hands-on and Service Minded.
- Excellent English communication & presentation skills with a pleasant personality.