Our client is an international logistics provider. They have teams around the globe that provide logistics services to their customers with global deliveries above and beyond. They offer ocean freight, air freight, transportation, warehousing (General, Free Zone), and third-party logistics (3PL). This company is highly expanding in Thailand and supports employees to grow in their careers.
The client is seeking a highly motivated and organized Ocean Operation Director to join and build the team in Thailand.
- Being the main contact for Customs Authorities Including process owner customs and internal audits.
- Updating and advice about new and changing regulations.
- Ensuring the clearance process meets all legal and statutory requirements.
- Leading, mentoring, and motivating a team of ocean freight professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure high-performance levels.
- Developing and executing the overall strategy for the company's ocean freight operations, aligning it with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the ocean freight department, ensuring efficient and timely movement of shipments.
- Monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) and implementing measures to optimize operational efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices to streamline processes and enhance operational performance.
- Collaborating with the sales and customer service teams to understand customer requirements, provide ocean freight solutions, and address any issues or concerns.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key customers, resolving escalations, and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Developing and implementing strategies and processes to ensure compliance with licensing obligations and maintain all necessary licenses, permits, and certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, business administration, or a related field.
- 10 years of professional experience in Logistics operation/ Import & Export/ Ocean Freight Forward.
- Currently, a customs brokerage/ customs specialist license is a plus, or a license to practice law and/or experience with Ocean management and Customs brokerage management.
- Ability to identify objectives and incorporate diverse information in making decisions.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate sound advice and/or analysis, including the suggestion of alternative business solutions and best practices while taking into account objectives and risk tolerance.
- In-depth knowledge of international shipping regulations, customs procedures, and industry trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build relationships with external stakeholders.
- Good communication in English (at least TOEIC Score 500)