Our client is automotive Manufacturing.
1. Reporting and Finance Analysis
- Reporting/ planning and process: In charge of the reporting planning and process of the Business plan, Budget, Financial forecasts, and actual results to support the Corporate financial planning system. Ensure coordination with the other departments.
- Reporting: ensuring the internal and corporate reporting templates are correctly and timely completed. Liaise with any data provider to gather the information and fill in the reports. Provide proactive recommendations and enhancements of the reporting tools.
- Providing support and analysis on any ad-hoc financial analysis request.
- Ensuring timely financial information to the company’s management in supporting various businesses' decisions.
- Providing support for forward model financial viability analysis.
2. Controlling & Audit
- Supporting costs approval requests.
- Reviewing and controlling actual and targeted standard costs.
- Validating the price changes (material and sales).
- Costing: validating and calculating of Bill Of Material setup or updates.
- Participating in internal and external financial audits. Ensure internal control policy is applied.
- Ensuring Group Global Treasury/Cash Management policy & procedures are implemented including financing, cash management, and foreign exchange management.
3. Accounting & Closing tasks
- Actively participating in the monthly and yearly closing activities and proposing Journal Entries upon necessity.
- Ensuring accounting policy and practices are in line with internal requirements and follow US/local GAAP requirements.
- Referring to the Finance team members by sharing expertise and providing support/advice.
4. Internal Quotation File updates (IQF)
- Checking and validating financial inputs for the project and manufacturing plant(s) considered in the IQF file.
- Handling every month and overall, the project life analyses the variances, which may affect the project costs and profitability.
- Producing and certifying the financial reporting document (OnePager) for Project Reviews (POR) and Gates’ reviews.
- Preparing financial inputs required by the Project Manager for his future negotiations with the customer and/or with stakeholders (internal/external).
- Assessing financial impacts of potential project evolutions thanks to simulations (PIP).
5. Follow up on Customer Funded Tooling (CFT)
- Taking part in AR CFT (budget and cash flow) and validating them in the Enterproj system.
- Doing an active follow-up of AR and analyzing the root causes of variances.
- Validating the invoice requests raised by the salespersons.
- Creating monthly reports on the cash-in, and cash-out indicators until the contract end, and ensuring consistency with local accounting.
- Calculating the margin at completion and margin-to-date recognition.
6. Company Funded tooling (RFT)
- Contributing to the Appropriation Requests elaboration piloted by Plants (AR RFT) for Company Capex.
- Checking that CAPEX is correct in the IQF in value and by period (actual/Forecast).
7. Follow up on customer contributions
- Validating the invoicing requests and the analytical allocation to the project.
- Preparing the monthly budget of the customer contributions (Revenue recognition in P&L and Cashwise approach).
- Regularly updating actuals and forecast data.
- Calculating the margin at completion in his perimeter and checking the accounting rule applied for revenue recognition.
- Launching actions further the analysis of the Ageing Balance produced by the cash manager.
- Making sure that the customer contributions are correct in value and by period the IQF (actual/Forecast).
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 5 years experience in Accounting and Finance in Automotive Industrial preferred.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Must have extremely strong in Microsoft Office and mainly in advanced Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork, maturity, professionalism, and a high level of discretion are required.
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques is required.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Ability to coordinate with other stakeholders.