- Acting as a key strategic leader and member of the Senior Management reporting directly to the CEO.
- Handling the responsibility timely for all accounting cycle testing, auditing, and compliance functions.
- Producing timely and consistently monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports on both SAP and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including consolidating entities and coordinating annual audits.
- Preparing and working with outside firms on quarterly and annual federal income tax filings.
- Preparing and filing premium tax returns and all statutory reporting.
- Handling the responsibility for management oversight of reinsurance accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Creating, supporting, and maintaining the investment guidelines for the organization.
- Conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
- Managing the Accounting Department and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, training, and evaluation of these units.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 15 years’ experience in finance/accounting for insurance industry; preferably in Life Insurance industry.
- Ability to develop, manage and motivate an effective team.
- Must have strong planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of business processes to improve business outcomes.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Ability to act with Integrity.
- Must have a CFA certificate.