The Maintenance & Engineering Manager will be responsible for all engineering activities.
- Planning and coordinating activities and services relating to production equipment maintenance and equipment costs.
- Directing and providing supervision of maintenance staff. Leading the team in relation to their key results.
- Planning preventive maintenance schedules for production equipment and in accordance with production schedules, to ensure equipment performs safely and optimally.
- Preparing engineering budgets and providing subsequent monitoring and control of allocated funds.
- Measuring and monitoring machine utilization. Forecasting appropriate machine uptime and downtime.
- Estimating, coordinating, and planning the completion of maintenance work orders.
- Making continuous assessments of the suitability of existing equipment for current and future requirements.
- Initiating and leading projects related to OEE and critical machine issues affecting production or related systems.
- Proposing modifications and/or implementing new equipment to meet specific production requirements, improving existing processes, reducing operating costs, and ensuring production output. Providing specifications and investigating alternatives.
- Identifying qualified contractors in the various disciplines, i.e. mechanical, electrical, plumbing.
- Liaising with peers at other facilities in the exchange of technical know-how.
- Liaising with suppliers and other outside sources to acquire technical know-how and new technology applicable to the business.
- Being an integral member of the plant EH&S Leadership Team, supporting safety and evacuation teams and procedures.
- Coordinating and supervising the installation and commissioning of the plant and equipment, including mechanical and electrical utilities/facilities.
- Planning preventive maintenance schedules of plant equipment and structures in accordance with production schedules, to ensure equipment performs safely and optimally.
- Documenting procedures for plant operations.
- Providing tools, equipment, and transportation as required.
- Obtaining and coordinating all outside contractors and services as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the Automotive industry.
- Proven experience in a similar role within engineering and programs, and manufacturing management within the automotive industry.
- Understanding of automotive Lean manufacturing systems and principles.
- Ability to develop manufacturing processes by designing, implementing, and modifying equipment or processes.
- Able to keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Effective communication skills both within the company and dealing directly with customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency in standard software applications including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Word.
- Very good command of both spoken and written English and computer literate.
REFERENCE CODE: MEM3330811