- Developing the commercial skills, product knowledge, customer understanding and leadership skills of the Buying team for imported lifestyle and sport brands.
- Ensuring that teams have a clear understanding of their roles and development needs, and providing coaching, training and performance management.
- Working with the Merchandise Planning Manager to ensure product selection in each brand will deliver targeted sales and GP growth.
- Ensuring that working plans react to performance and seasonal trends, and adjusting plans to maximise sales, and, ensuring buying takes an end-to-end approach to P&L and delivers monthly EBIT targets.
- Ensuring the clear execution of the brand identity activities, and that our product selection reflects target customers, and, establishing long term brand value and loyalty.
- Studying both competitors and market data to identify trends for new product types or styles.
- Attending trade fairs and events to identify third party ranges that can be added to our multi-brand stores, or to find inspiration with the Design team for new collections on our own label ranges.
- Working with the Sourcing and Development teams to find ways to improve efficiency in terms of buying processes.
- Working with Visual Merchandising, Marketing teams, and Retail teams, to ensure key stories and highlighted styles are understood and communicated clearly to customers.
- Thai national with at least a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in buying or merchandizing for fashion products, preferably sports or lifestyle clothing.
- Experience leading a team and working cross-functionally.
- Able to lead a Buying team while managing own operation buying work
- Proficient in spoken and written English (will report to a non-Thai Supervisor).
- Passion for fashion and detailed knowledge of imported fashion.
- Strong leadership skills and flexible.