- Developing and initiating new projects in frontier/breakthrough research areas related to scale-up and process development aligned with ISI innovation strategy and innovation management systems.
- Executing R&D and innovation projects related to scale-up and process development to invent and co-invent novel and new technologies, products and processes to deliver long term revenue/EBITDA.
- Fostering and maintaining a strong mutually frontier research community (internal and external) to deliver desired outcome within limited timelines.
- Collaborating with relevant parties to maintain and improve R&D and innovation performance according to the company's growth sustainability strategy.
- Producing contents for knowledge management with BUs (if relevant).
- Performing various other functions as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Master of Science / Engineering or higher in a related field (preferably a Chemical Engineering background).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of engineering project execution and working with the development of engineering documents (design philosophy, PFD, P&ID, equipment datasheets, engineering specs., etc.), including engineering cost estimation experience, or experience in process synthesis, separation process design, process simulation (Pro II, Aspen Plus, etc.).
- A very good understanding of production process transfer from small scale to a larger size. Able to work closely with researchers to gather information for process design / development.
- Open and self-driven to work with unproven or new areas of technology.