The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Quality Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions;
Role and Responsibilities:
- Providing a service to the plant in terms of the coordination of problem resolutions and in the improvement of systems, processes and products.
- Managing and establishing quality standards for implementing into mass production.
- Establishing quality check sheets for new product launches.
- Reviewing and updating quality standard documents such as SOPs, WIs and quality check sheets.
- Controlling product quality to comply with quality standards.
- Conducting investigations into internal and external quality issues, including determining corrective and preventive actions.
- Responding to requests from Production to assist in the resolution of quality problems.
- Completing 8D reports / investigation summary reports to summarise investigation and test findings when a plant or customer concern is raised.
- Preparing appropriate weekly quality reports.
- Taking minutes for meeting relating to quality issues.
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings, interacting with technical personnel to determine product standards and developing work instructions and related documentation.
- Interfacing with Engineering and Production to ensure transfers to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Conducting process audits, including supporting the production team to improve and achieve process quality targets.
- Controlling the calibration and validation of measuring devices.
- Bachelor's degree of Engineer in a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Have knowledge in quality analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- Knowledge of supplier improvement and development.
- Good knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 and QC tools for the automotive business and QC engineers.
- Able to communicate in English.
- Computer literate (Solid Work or Auto CAD).
- Leadership skills and a good personality.
Our client offers an attractive salary and allowances, insurance, a provident fund, a five-day working week and the opportunity to work for a global company.
Reference Code: QE1161405