- Performing daily front-line supervision of direct labour and hourly staff to ensure internal and external customer demands are met.
- Enabling teams to meet safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity metrics and setting objectives for the employees to meet goals according to companies processes.
- Auditing standard work routines for Kaizen opportunities, and planning Kaizens activities.
- Closely monitoring weekly and daily build plans and coordinating labour to meet on-time delivery objectives.
- Reviewing incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Monitoring warehouse workers and associated activities; offers assistance to those with concerns or problems on the work floor.
- Ensuring that procedures for receiving, storage and shipments are being followed, and taking corrective actions if necessary.
- Responding to orders efficiently so that products are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maximizing the effectiveness of Kanban systems for the area of responsibility.
- Controlling the daily management of area activities to ensure internal/external customer demands are met. Addressing logistical problems and furnishing solutions to these issues.
- Providing leadership, direction and hands on involvement for areas of responsibility.
- Driving continuous improvement of SQDIP in the area of responsibility through the use of DBS tools.
- Enlisting all associates in the commitment to excellence by communicating appropriate business information in a timely manner, and conducting regular team meetings.
- Driving a culture of stretch goal attainment utilizing DBS.
- Ensuring all associates are knowledgeable of, and comply with, all work policies.
Other System Requirements:
- Ensuring all associates are trained to perform required work.
- Managing labour throughout the day to complete work load and working to enhance cross training for increased labour flexibility.
- Evaluating associates performance, development plans and merit recommendations. Coaching, training, and counselling associates to improve performance. Working closely with the HR Dept. to resolve issues resulting from unacceptable associate’s behaviour.
- Recommending hirings and terminations, partnering with Human Resources.
- Direct reports are primarily hourly associates. Total supervisory responsibility generally about 15+ associates.
- Monitoring monthly operating budgets.
- Performing various other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degrees or equivalent in Supply Chain Management or a similar program.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently (will have to work with global stakeholders).
- Proficient communication skills in English and Thai (ability to read, write and listen in both languages).
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking and reasoning abilities to solve complex problems.
- Strong management skills with a focus on people development.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Experience in inventory management, material management, planning and/or project management.
- 5 or more years of experience in leading in a distribution centre environment.
- Background in Supply Chain and/or Operations Management preferred.
- Background experience in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management with at least 5 years on an actual warehouse floor in multiple roles of a distribution centre is preferred.